Looking to liven up your Thanksgiving spread this year? We’ve got just the dish for you! This skillet potato gratin is an easy one-pan dish ready in under an hour. Tender slices of red potato swimming in butter, cream, and covered with our Truffle Tremor cheese. That’ll give them something to be grateful for!
We like using baby red potatoes for this dish. They absorb the flavors well and become tender to the fork. If you’re cooking a feast for a crowd, you can double this recipe, as long as your skillet is at least 3” deep.
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, sliced thin
1 generous pound baby red potatoes, sliced thin
¾ cup chicken broth
¾ cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt and pepper
8 oz Truffle Tremor
Chopped parsley, to finish
1. Preheat oven to 415°F.
2. Heat a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-low for 10 minutes. Add the butter and let melt.
3. Add shallots and a bit of salt. Stir until wilted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
4. Add potatoes and a bit more salt. Cook for another five minutes.
5. Whisk together broth and cream. Pour over the potatoes.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender and liquid has thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
7. Slice off the rind on the Truffle Tremor and crumble.
8. Sprinkle the Truffle Tremor evenly over the potatoes. Bake in the oven until brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
9. Finish with black pepper and parsley.
Author Credit: Cheese Sex Death