The Original American Original®. Conceived in a dream (yes, really!) by founder Mary Keehn, this masterpiece paved the way for soft-ripened goat cheese in America. Each handcrafted wheel features a distinctive ribbon of edible vegetable ash. You'll enjoy buttermilk and fresh cream, complemented with floral notes, herbaceous overtones, and a clean citrus finish. As Humboldt Fog matures, the creamline develops and the flavor intensifies.
- Drizzle with honey and serve with prosciutto, tart apple and marcona almonds.
- Crumble atop mixed baby greens and roasted beets and serve with a simple vinaigrette.
- Wheat Beer
- Pale Ale
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Demi-Sec Sparkling Wine
- Pinot Grigio
- Sweet Sherry
- Pinot Noir
To optimize cheese quality, keep cheese cold (33°–35°F) and wrapped in waxed paper.
Re-wrapping soft-ripened cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen.
Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
Pasteurized cultured goat milk, salt, enzymes, and vegetable ash.
- Best of Class, US Championship Cheese Contest, 2017
- Silver, World Cheese Awards, 2016
- Second Place, American Cheese Society, 2016
- Gold, World Cheese Awards 2014
- First Place, American Cheese Society, 1998, 2002, 2005
- Gold, London International Cheese Competition, 2004
- Top 100 Designs Worldwide, Metropolitan Home Magazine, 2003
- Best Cheese & Dairy Product, IFFCS (New York), 2002
5 lbs. wheel (average weight)
Optimal Shelf Life
98 days uncut
|Serving Size 1oz|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 100||Calories from Fat 60|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|