Homemade olive tapenade and a dollop of Herbs de Humboldt®: the ideal combination for a simple crostini.
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup parsley, rough chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz Herbs de Humboldt®
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- For the crostini, brush both sides of sliced baguettes with EVOO and bake at 350ºF until crisp and golden, allow to cool.
- For the tapenade, place first 5 ingredients and ¼ cup parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely minced and well combined. Add EVOO and pulse 3-4 times, set aside.
- Top crostini with ½ Tbsp of Herbs de Humboldt ® , then ½ Tbsp tapenade, 1 slice of tomato and a sprinkle of parsley.