This skillet potato gratin is an easy one-pan dish ready in under an hour. Tender slices of red potato swimming in butter, cream, and covered with our Truffle Tremor cheese.
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 generous pound baby red potatoes, sliced thin
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 oz Truffle Tremor®
- Chopped parsley, to finish
1. Preheat oven to 415°F.
2. Heat a 12" nonstick skillet over medium-low for 10 minutes. Add the butter and let melt.
3. Add shallots and a bit of salt. Stir until wilted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
4. Add potatoes and a bit more salt. Cook for another five minutes.
5. Whisk together broth and cream. Pour over the potatoes.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender and liquid has thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
7. Slice off the rind on the Truffle Tremor and crumble.
8. Sprinkle the Truffle Tremor evenly over the potatoes. Bake in the oven until brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
9. Finish with black pepper and parsley.
Recipe by Cheese Sex Death for Cypress Grove.