Kick off the return of warmer days! Homemade goat cheese gnocchi is perfectly paired with a fresh spring ragout.
- 8 oz Ms. Natural®
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup Lamb Chopper®, finely shredded
- ½ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ lb asparagus, blanched, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 baby carrots, blanched and sliced into discs
- ½ cup English peas, blanched
- 1 oz morels, washed and sliced into discs
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 oz dry white wine
- ¼ tsp rosemary, minced
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix well. The batter at this point will look a little lumpy and that is fine.
- Add the flour and stir until incorporated and wet dough forms.
- Collect the dough and place on a floured work surface. Working in small batches, shape the dough into ¾ inch ropes.
- Cut the dough in 1 inch increments and move to a floured baking sheet.
- Cook the gnocchi in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and drain.
- In a medium size pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and sweat for one minute.
- Turn the heat to medium high and add the asparagus, peas, carrots and morels. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the white wine and rosemary and cook until dry. Remove from heat and set vegetables aside.
- Using the same pan, melt 2 Tbs of butter over medium high heat. Add the gnocchi and cook quickly until it begins to brown and crisp on all sides.
- Toss the gnocchi with warm vegetable ragout. Top with grated Lamb Chopper®.