How to create a showstopping cheese board with The Cheese School of SF.You’ve seen some showstopping cheese boards, and you’d love to get cheesy with it and create your own, but don’t know where to start? We teamed up with some of the best cheese artists around to show off their board skills at the 2017 Winter Fancy Food Show. Below, The Cheese School of San Francisco shares their top tips for playing and creating with cheese.
- Serve 1-3 cheeses for a small gathering, and 3-5 for a larger party.
- Select a cheese you love, and another your guests will love — everyone has go-to favorites!
- Mix milks, ages, textures, colors, and flavors.
- Allow cheeses to come to room temperature by taking them out of the fridge at least one hour before serving, letting the flavors come to life.
- Provide one knife per cheese.
- Make an initial cut to show guests how to eat the cheese, then let them have at it!
- Pair cheese with dried fruit, a preserve, or even milk chocolate.
- Dress up your platter with herbs, fresh fruit, and flowers.
- Serve food-friendly, lighter bodied wines for pairing versatility.