Creamery Team Member
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known and fastest-growing artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people, and that starts with the hardworking production staff who mix, shape, and package our cheese. It took a lot of dedicated, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking:
A Creamery Team Member to age our cheese!
What the HECK goes on in a creamery?
Creamery team members at Cypress Grove have their hands in every part of cheese making, using strength and stamina, technical skills, state of the art machinery, and attention to detail and safety procedures.
The Aged Team Members are responsible for:
- Monitoring and caring for the cheese as it ages by mixing ingredients and moving, turning, inspecting, and stacking formed cheeses.
- Working closely with the Packaging Team to wrap the aged cheeses.
I don’t know how to do ANY of that!
Don’t worry, some experience helps, but we offer a training program for the right candidate designed to make sure you have the skills needed to be a member of your team. You’ll know exactly what is expected of you and will have the support of your co-workers and supervisor. If you aren’t afraid to work hard and have a great attendance record and attitude, we’ll help with the rest.
How HARD is the work?
We’ll be honest — it’s hard work, but it’s also fun and rewarding to be a member of one of our tight-knit teams and produce a product that makes people so happy! You can expect:
- an environment which is colder and much more humid than you are used to.
- to remain upright on wet concrete floors for your full shift, and to bend and reach objects below your waist and above your head.
- to operate heavy equipment, occasionally use a computer keyboard and mouse, and operate other technical devices or machinery.
- to regularly grasp and move objects up to 20lbs by yourself and up to 30 lbs with help, and to occasionally grasp and move objects up to 50lbs with help.
- to work with industrial strength cleaning chemicals while wearing protective gear.
The Ideal Candidate
We aren’t just looking for an employee — we are looking for a Grover! Cypress Grove is proud of our company culture which is based on being supportive and respectful with open communication. Do you have strong ethics, judgement, professionalism, adaptability, and dependability? Can you work and play hard? Are you always on time? Do you have the flexibility to learn new skills and chip in as needed? Are you flexible to work early shifts and some weekends and/or overtime?
WE KNEW THAT YOU WOULD, but do you also:
- Already live in the Arcata, CA area? We need someone able to start right away!
- Have experience working on a production line?
- Have at least 6 months experience working with food?
PREFERENCE will be given to candidates with:
- 1 or 2 years working in a food production environment
Show Me the Money
- These positions are scheduled for Sunday-Thursday 6:00am-2:30pm and start at $14/hour.
- In the first 90 days you may earn up to a $1/hour increase.
- A full benefits package, swag, and YES free cheese! See our main Careers page for more details.
It’s a Dream Come True…
Positions are open until filled.