Director of Finance and Administration
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known and fastest-growing artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people and of the strong relationships we’ve built with our partners for over 30 years. It took a lot of hardworking, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking a Director of Finance and Administration.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact in a long-established food company that is still growing. This role is an integral part of our senior management team and involved in all aspects of the business operations of our Creamery and Dairy; and will drive the performance and professional development of a dynamic team consisting of Finance, HR, IT, Office Management and Customer Service that takes their work and fun seriously. The Director of Finance and Administration will provide guidance for the accurate and timely analysis of budgets and financial reporting to our Swiss parent company.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a personal approach as unique as this opportunity! Are you a seasoned Financial professional with experience in cost accounting and reporting? Are you a strong, pro-active manager who encourages outstanding performance and motivates your people to be their best? Are you tech savvy and resourceful, able to leverage tools to create efficiencies and strengthen your team? Are you a charismatic and clear communicator? Are you equally skilled when it comes to numbers, spreadsheets, and people?
We knew that you would be, but are you also:
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- A seasoned Financial professional with 10+ years of progressive responsibility?
- The recipient of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field?
- A computer wiz with Excel and Word Processing Programs and an excellent understanding of the role of information technology in operations and production?
- An effective manager of both people and time?
PREFERENCE will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in cost accounting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In the Arcata, CA area or willing to relocate.
Show Me the Money
Cypress Grove offers a full benefits package including health and life insurance, paid leave, perks and a great work/life balance — and don’t forget about all that lovely cheese you’ll be enjoying!
- DOE + annual discretionary bonus of up to 30%