Marketing Manager — Events
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known and fastest-growing artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people, and of the strong relationships we’ve built with our partners for over 30 years. It took a lot of hardworking, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking:
A Marketing Manager to knock our events out of the park!
Create the best Cypress Grove event experience possible for participants and industry contacts – and get more cheese in people’s mouths! This role will act as the voice and face of Cypress Grove across the country by planning and attending an annual schedule of events. Be part of a growing marketing team focused on proactive and collaborative problem solving, and that knows how to work hard and have fun!
EVENTS — from START to FINISH
- You’ll “hit the road” about 40% of the time to promote Cypress Grove.
- Develop an annual schedule of events and consumer/trade programs.
- Get everyone and everything where they need to be – and on time!
- Manage a team of brand ambassadors.
- Keep Cypress Grove participants engaged, excited, and having fun.
- Be our “boots on the ground,” taking on all unexpected event challenges.
- Keep costs under control while delivering an image with impact.
- Manage the design of cutting-edge event booths.
- Work with your marketing colleagues to create fresh collateral.
- Keep track of your event collateral, and keep it all in stock.
ANALYZE and REPORT
- Watch industry and event trends and keep us ahead of the curve, strategically pursuing in-house events, tours, workshops, pop-up stores, festivals, and who knows what else?
- Report on how the events moved the needle for our growth.
- Don’t hold back — tell us how we can do it better next time!
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a personal approach as unique as this opportunity! Can you think outside the box? Are you event tech savvy and resourceful, able to juggle a lot of overlapping timelines? Are you insanely organized? Are you able to use “soft skills” to get what you need without ruffling feathers? Are you an engaging storyteller unfazed by large groups? Do you face catastrophe (oh no – the booth didn’t arrive!) with creativity and without overwhelming yourself or those around you? Do you love to travel? We knew that you would, but are you also:
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- An experienced marketing, sales, or business pro with 5+ years of experience, preferably in consumer goods or brands.
- An events manager with 3+ years of experience tackling the details and challenges of a heavy schedule.
- A curious lifelong learner, preferably with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- In the Arcata, CA area — or planning to relocate. This position will travel a lot but needs to be based at our headquarters.
Show Me the Money
Cypress Grove offers a full benefits package including health and life insurance, paid leave, perks and a great work/life balance — and don’t forget about all that delicious cheese you’ll be enjoying!
- Dependent upon experience
It’s a Dream Come True