Packaging Team Supervisor
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people, and that starts with the hardworking production staff who mix, shape, and package our cheese. It took a lot of dedicated, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking:
A Packaging Supervisor to lead a team of outstanding Grovers!
What the HECK goes on in a creamery?
Production supervisors and team members at Cypress Grove have their hands in every part of cheese making, using strength and stamina, technical skills, state of the art machinery, and attention to detail and safety procedures. The Packaging Supervisor will be expected to work directly alongside the team members and:
- Maintain a schedule of Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm with occasional overtime, early shifts and some weekends
- Establish a constant presence in area of responsibility.
- Direct and organize team members to complete daily production goals.
- Leverage the knowledge and skills of your team towards the continuous improvement of process.
- Hold yourself and your team members accountable for their performance and provide them with regular and timely feedback.
- Enforce safety policies.
- Maintain equipment function and sanitation standards.
- Provide feedback to the Production Manager regarding the quality of our cheese.
- Complete daily production records accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Production of fresh cheeses including mixing, turning, forming and packaging.
How HARD is the work?
We’ll be honest: it’s hard work, but it’s also fun and rewarding to be a member of one of our tight-knit teams and produce a product that makes people so happy! You can expect:
- An environment which is colder and much more humid than you are used to.
- To remain upright on wet concrete floors for your full shift, and to bend and reach objects below your waist and above your head.
- To operate heavy equipment, occasionally use a computer keyboard and mouse, and operate other technical devices or machinery.
- To regularly grasp and move objects up to 20lbs by yourself and up to 30 lbs with help, and to occasionally grasp and move objects up to 50lbs with help.
- To work with industrial-strength cleaning chemicals while wearing protective gear.
The Ideal Candidate
We aren’t just looking for an employee ‚ we are looking for a Grover! Cypress Grove is proud of our company culture which is based on being supportive and respectful with open communication. Do you have strong ethics, judgement, professionalism, adaptability, and dependability? Are you always on time? Do you have the flexibility to learn new skills and chip in as needed? Are you flexible to work early shifts and some weekends and/or overtime?
WE KNEW THAT YOU WOULD, but do you also:
- Already live in the Arcata, CA area?
- Have 2-3 years supervisory experience?
- Have good oral and written communication skills?
- Have a great attendance record?
Show Me the Money
Starting wage is dependent upon experience.
- In the first 90 days you may earn up to a $1/hour increase.
- A full benefits package, swag, and YES free cheese! See our main Employment Opportunities page for more details.
It’s a Dream Come True
First review of applications will begin on Monday, February 3rd, 2020