Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known and fastest-growing artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people and of the strong relationships we’ve built with our partners for over 30 years. It took a lot of hardworking, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking a Sales and Marketing Coordinator to provide stellar service!
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this entry level Sales and Marketing Coordinator position will provide top-notch support to sales, marketing, and customer service. As an ambassador for the Grover culture, you’ll ensure sales managers have everything they need to be successful and feel part of the team and external contacts know their questions are being addressed with a smile. You’ll get a lot of requests — from both inside Cypress Grove and from outside. You’ll need to be sure all of those requests are fulfilled inside defined processes, but also know when to drop everything and bend the rules a little for VIPs. This is a great opportunity to learn a lot while providing much needed support and customer service to growing sales and marketing teams. This is a temporary position expected to end October 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension.
SUPPORT – SUPPORT – SUPPORT
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers, sales team, marketing team, retailers and distributors
- Make sure the sales team has the tools they need to be successful
- Schedule demos and trainings
- Complete distributor and retailer required paperwork such as records, contact information, portal information, and new product forms
- Organize, ship, and maintain trade show collateral
- Maintain accurate records
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHEESE
- Enter sample cheese orders and work with shipping to ensure fulfillment
- Work with sales and on-site trainers to plan and deliver collateral and cheese for trade shows, events, and demonstrations in the field
JACK OR JACKIE of ALL TRADES
- Support sales and marketing projects and promotions as needed
- Pitch in to answer the main phone at headquarters and cover the front desk as needed
- Follow up with customers with professionalism
- Assist with coordination for on and off-site corporate events and employee functions
- Complete paperwork and fill out forms
- Maintain lists of contact information and FAQs (frequently asked questions)
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a personality as unique as this opportunity! Do you build productive and professional relationships? Are you able to use “soft skills” to get what you need without ruffling feathers? Are you experienced in databases and pick up new software with lightning speed? Are you resourceful and able to juggle a lot of overlapping timelines? Are you insanely organized? Do you face catastrophe (oh no – the case you sent to the show is late!!) with a cool head and a smile? Do you thrive on providing great service to your colleagues and customers? We knew that you would, but are you also…
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Experienced in customer service (3+ years of related work)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ten-key data entry
- A curious lifelong learner, preferably with some higher education
Already in the Arcata, CA area. This position is not eligible for remote work or relocation assistance.
Show me the money
This position is hourly exempt and will start at $16/hour dependent upon experience. Cypress Grove offers a full benefits package including health and life insurance, paid leave, perks, and a great work/life balance — and don’t forget about all that delicious cheese you’ll enjoy!