Autumn Comfort: PsycheDillic® Pasta with Acorn Squash and Melted Leeks
Happy fall everybody! We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait to load up on all of our favorite autumnal comfort foods. We’re kicking things off with this cheesy PsycheDillic pasta with roasted acorn squash and melted leeks. This quick and easy-to-make dish is rich with fall flavors, but it’s not too heavy. Our […]
Happy fall everybody! We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait to load up on all of our favorite autumnal comfort foods. We’re kicking things off with this cheesy PsycheDillic pasta with roasted acorn squash and melted leeks.
This quick and easy-to-make dish is rich with fall flavors, but it’s not too heavy. Our PsycheDillic lightens it up with the perfect bright, tangy flavor in this creamy sauce. It’s a little like an alfredo sauce, but lighter and (we think) tastier. We love how the subtle yet complex dill flavor plays off the sweet roasted acorn squash and buttery leeks.
We recommend using a curly noodle like fusilli or rigatoni, which holds all that cheesy goodness perfectly. It’s positively dill-ightful!
PsycheDillic Pasta with Acorn Squash and Melted Leeks
Serves 2, generously
For the sauce:
2 teaspoons butter
½ leek, white part only, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons white wine
½ cup chicken broth
4 oz PsycheDillic
For the pasta:
1 lb acorn squash, peeled and cut into 2″ cubes
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 oz rigatoni or fusilli pasta
Extra PsycheDillic, for garnish
Lemon juice, to serve
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Toss squash with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Lay out on the baking sheet.
3. Roast until soft and browned, about 25 – 30 minutes. Stir halfway through to keep from burning.
4. Make the sauce: heat the butter in the saucepan over medium-low. Add leeks with a pinch of salt and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
5. Pour leeks over acorn squash and toss to coat.
6. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to sauce pan. Add garlic and a little salt. Sauté until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes.
7. Whisk in the wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half, about 10-15 minutes.
8. Crumble in most of the PsycheDillic, reserving some for garnish. Whisk until thoroughly combined, and remove from heat.
9. Fill the a 6 qt pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta, according to instructions on package.
10. Drain pasta, and toss with PsycheDillic sauce.
11. Distribute sauced pasta onto plates and top with squash and leeks.
12. Season with black pepper, a squirt of lemon juice, and extra crumbles of PsycheDillic. Enjoy!
Author Credit: Cheese Sex Death