2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted but still cold
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 egg, lightly beaten with ~1 tsp water
1-2 Tbs maple syrup or honey
Little Giant, 4 oz wheel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheeting with parchment paper.
- Prepare puff pastry spiral similar to this recipe by Just a Dash: Camembert Maple Puff Pastry.
- Use the wheel of cheese to measure a space in the spiral and then remove before baking. You’re going to give the pastry a head start without the cheese.
- Bake the pastry for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, score the rind on the top of the cheese and set aside.
- After the pastry has baked for 20 minutes, add the cheese to the center and continue baking until gooey and bubbly, about another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with more herbs and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.