4 Tbs (1/2 stick) salted butter
1 cup walnuts
3-4 sprigs fresh sage
Little Giant, 4 oz wheel
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brown the butter: in a small saucepan over medium, heat butter until you see golden brown bits and it smells toasted. The butter will foam a lot at first, then the foam will begin to dissipate as the water cooks off. The butter will continue to toast in the pan, so if it’s very browned, pour into a different bowl or dish.
- Immediately stir in walnuts and sage and remove from heat (if you haven’t already), and set aside.
- In an oven safe dish, warm cheese for approximately 10 minutes — until the cheese is warm and squishy.
- Top cheese with nut mixture (make sure to scrape pot to utilize all of the browned bits!).
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers or bread.