Sgt. Pepper® Grilled Vegetable Salad
Think of this salad as a method, rather than a recipe — it’s endlessly customizable and perfect for whatever veggies are hanging out in your fridge! Outdoor grilling is great, but you can also grill your veggies on an indoor griddle or roast them in the oven during cooler months.
1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup button or crimini mushrooms, cut in half
2 bell peppers, cut into strips
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cups spinach
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
4 oz Cypress Grove Sgt. Pepper, crumbled
Edible flowers and/or micro greens, to garnish
- Heat an outside grill or an indoor griddle.
- Toss onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers in 1/2 cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers on grill, being careful not to crowd. Grill until soft and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange 4 plates with 1 cup of spinach each, in a shallow layer. Drizzle each with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Lightly season with salt.
- Set warm vegetables atop spinach, distributing evenly among plates.
- Top with olives, crumbled Sgt. Pepper, edible flowers and micro greens.