Aged Goat Milk Cheese Made Exclusively For Cypress Grove in Holland
Aged six months or more, Midnight Moon® is a blushing, ivory-colored goat cheese that’s nutty and brown buttery up front with a long caramel finish. Similar to a Gouda, as Midnight Moon® ages, protein crystals form and lend a slight crunch to the otherwise dense and smooth cheese. Know someone who (gasp!) doesn’t like goat cheese? Encourage them to dip their toes back in the water with Midnight Moon®, which has been known to convert even the staunchest of goat cheese critics.
Serve with fig jam and seeded crackers or bread.
Serve alongside a dirty martini, a classic old fashioned, or hard kombucha
Belgian Dark, Stout, Tripel
Ice Wine, Sweet Sherry, Syrah, Zinfandel
Don't just take our word for it
Awards & Recognition
- Best of Class, World Championship Cheese Contest 2010, 2020
- Super Gold, World Cheese Awards 2015, 2018
- Gold, World Cheese Awards 2014
- Best New Product in Show, sofi Awards 2002
- Silver, World Cheese Awards 2017
- Silver Finalist, sofi Awards 2003
- Third Place, World Championship Cheese Contest 2014
- Bronze, World Cheese Awards 2016
- Bronze, sofi Awards 2017
- How do I store Midnight Moon?
To optimize the quality of Midnight Moon, keep cheese cold (32°–44.6°F).
To maintain original condition after cutting keep cheese wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to prevent drying.
Remove Midnight Moon from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
Midnight Moon has a microbial (non-animal) rennet type. Whole wheels have an optimal shelf life of 12 months uncut, and 1 lb wedges purchased from our web store have a shelf life of 150 days.
- What does “cut and wrap” mean?
Because many of our cheeses are produced in large wheels, retailers cut and wrap the cheeses into smaller wedges. You’ll find our soft-ripened cheeses and aged cheeses sold this way, but if you’re searching for a whole wheel, ask your cheesemonger — they can usually order one for you!
Pasteurized cultured goat milk, salt, enzymes
Serving Size 1 oz (28g)
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Vitamin D 0mcg
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutritional advice.
You Might be Interested in...