Aged Goat Milk Cheese Made Exclusively For Cypress Grove in Holland
Aged six months or more, Midnight Moon® is a blushing, ivory-colored goat cheese that’s nutty and brown buttery up front with a long caramel finish. Similar to a Gouda, as Midnight Moon® ages, protein crystals form and lend a slight crunch to the otherwise dense and smooth cheese. Know someone who (gasp!) doesn’t like goat cheese? Encourage them to dip their toes back in the water with Midnight Moon®, which has been known to convert even the staunchest of goat cheese critics.
Serve with fig jam and seeded crackers or bread.
Try melted between slices of rustic sliced bread or as a decadent addition to macaroni and cheese.
Belgian Dark, Stout, Tripel
Ice Wine, Sweet Sherry, Syrah, Zinfandel
Don't just take our word for it
Awards & Recognition
- Best of Class, World Championship Cheese Contest 2010, 2020
- Super Gold, World Cheese Awards 2015, 2018
- Gold, World Cheese Awards 2014
- Best New Product in Show, sofi Awards 2002
- Silver, World Cheese Awards 2017
- Silver Finalist, sofi Awards 2003
- Third Place, World Championship Cheese Contest 2014
- Bronze, World Cheese Awards 2016
- Bronze, sofi Awards 2017
- How do I store Midnight Moon?
To optimize the quality of Midnight Moon, keep cheese cold (32°–44.6°F).
To maintain original condition after cutting keep cheese wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to prevent drying.
Remove Midnight Moon from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
Midnight Moon has a microbial (non-animal) rennet type and an optimal shelf life of 12 months uncut.
- What does “cut and wrap” mean?
Because many of our cheeses are produced in large wheels, retailers cut and wrap the cheeses into smaller wedges. You’ll find our soft-ripened cheeses and aged cheeses sold this way, but if you’re searching for a whole wheel, ask your cheesemonger — they can usually order one for you!
Pasteurized cultured goat milk, salt, enzymes
Serving Size 1 oz (28g)
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 0g
Includes 0g Added Sugars
Vitamin D 0mcg
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutritional advice.
You Might be Interested in...