A flavor powerhouse of ripened goat cheese.
You’ll enjoy the heavy floral, herbaceous, and mushroom notes in this earth-shaking masterpiece. If you love Humboldt Fog and can’t get enough of truffles, this is the cheese for you. Like other soft-ripened cheeses, Truffle Tremor® has a bloomy rind that allows the cheese to ripen from the outside in. As Truffle Tremor® continues to ripen and mature, the creamline develops and the flavor intensifies — an ooey-gooey, ripe Truffle Tremor is not for the faint of heart.
Serve with candied orange and a port wine for a simple dessert.
Top a hot steak or juicy burger- allow the cheese to soften as the meat rests.
Belgian Dark, Stout, Tripel
Gewürztraminer, Moscato, Riesling
Pinot Noir, Zinfandel
Cabernet Sauvignon, Demi-Sec Sparkling Wine, Port, Sweet Sherry, Zinfandel
Don't just take our word for it
Awards & Recognition
- Best of Class, US Championship Cheese 2019
- California State Fair 2009, 2010, 2019
- World Championship Cheese Contest 2014
- American Cheese Society 2009, 2012, 2014
- Super Gold, World Cheese Awards 2014
- sofi™ Awards, Outstanding Cheese or Dairy 2009
- California State Fair 2018
- US Championship Cheese Contest 2017
- American Cheese Society 2019
- How do I store Truffle Tremor?
To optimize the quality of Truffle Tremor, keep cheese cold (33°–35°F) and wrapped in waxed paper. Re-wrapping your cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen.
Remove Truffle Tremor from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.
Truffle Tremor has a microbial (non-animal) rennet type and an optimal shelf life of 91 days uncut for our 3lb wheel and 84 days uncut for our 1 lb wheel.
- What does “cut and wrap” mean?
Because many of our cheeses are produced in large wheels, retailers cut and wrap the cheeses into smaller wedges. You’ll find our soft-ripened cheeses and aged cheeses sold this way, but if you’re searching for a whole wheel, ask your cheesemonger — they can usually order one for you!
Pasteurized cultured goat milk, salt, truffle (Tuber aestivum Vittadini), enzymes
Serving Size 1oz
Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
You Might be Interested in...